Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Another is not just another animé

This supernatural mystery hooks you in its story that you can help to play it from start to finish in one seating. I did just that as I played the whole anime in one night because I just want to know what happens next.

As a mystery lover, I invested in the story by figuring out the answers. I mind is in overdrive mode as I think about the questions the plot unravels episode per episode.

In true horror fashion, it claims victims in a gory way, animé style. I'm not a fan of gore, by the way. But hey, people need to die. That's how the story goes. The first 10 episodes were gripping as you are caught in the web of mystery. However, the 11th episode transformed into a Hunger Games - kill or be killed - scenario as the characters figure in to the solution. It somehow worked.

Now, for the twist. That was unexpected. Who would have thought? The animé was able to tell its story and capture you in it. Then, they dropped the bomb in the final episode. It was genius.

All in all, I liked the animé. It has all the elements I like in a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment